Ph: 4963 3616Vice President:
Ph: 0421 465 470
Ph: 4954 8781Secretary:
Ph: 4957 2793
About the Branch
Our annual programme includes the following:
- During May/June each year we hold piano and violin workshops for students both in Newcastle and Muswellbrook.
- In late August the Junior Music Festival takes place
- September – a further piano workshop in Newcastle
- From 2007 – Quarterly student concerts for performance practice will be held on a Thursday evening at the end of each term.
- Other ‘special’ functions/seminars are held from time to time with the aim of involving teachers.
- Our involvement with other musical events in the area includes annual sponsorship of prizes and a scholarship in support of the Lake Macquarie Eisteddfod which is held in October/November.
- Newcastle branch also puts $500 towards the Nan Price Memorial Scholarship which is awarded to a student studying piano full time at the Conservatorium/University of Newcastle.
If you would like to know more about MTA Newcastle, please contact Rosemary Allen on (02) 4963 3616 or Elizabeth Evans on (02) 4929 3296, or Email: [email protected]